Companies are increasingly requiring that the language skills of their employees (and of candidates looking for work with them) are accredited by official certificates. And, for some years now, Catalan universities have required students to obtain a B2 level foreign language (eg. First Certificate) before being able to graduate. For English, the most well-known exams are the prestigious University of Cambridge certificates, among them, First Certificate.
Why at Cambridge School?
- Our students benefit from having the best pedagogic resources available, specialised native teachers and our long experience in successfully preparing students for the exams.
- Over 2,500 Cambridge School students have passed University of Cambridge exams in the last 15 years.
- Cambridge School has the undisputed record of students prepared for the First Certificate, the most widely recognised certificate in the world, with more than 1,500 students having attained the certificate since 2000.
- We offer preparation classes for the official exams, based around intensive courses and mock exams, which are excellent practice for doing the real exam.
- Cambridge School is an Exam Preparation Centre, which means candidates can do the exam in the school they study at and will do the speaking part with their classmates doing the same certificate, thereby reducing exam nerves.
Cambridge School has been chosen to be part of the pilot project Cambridge English Language Assessment in Spain. Being selected for this new category of Cambridge English, amounts to recognition for Cambridge School as a leading centre for preparing students for the official exams.
Why the Cambridge English exams?
The Cambridge English exams are the most prestigious English qualifications in the world for students. They are accepted in over 15,000 universities, companies and governments worldwide. They can help you access higher education, further your career and, owing to their international recognition, improve your work and study opportunities.
All Cambridge English exams assess speaking, listening, reading and writing skills. They also assess knowledge of English vocabulary and grammar.
|Certificate proving a very high level of English. This exam is often taken by non-native English teachers, translators or candidates who need a near-perfect mastery of English for work or academic reasons.|
|Exam recognised by companies and educational institutions around the world. Often required for studying in an English-speaking country or for jobs requiring fluency in English.|
|Upper intermediate 2
Upper intermediate 1
|Upper-intermediate exam that demonstrates candidates can use everyday written and spoken English for work and study purposes. It is required by Catalan universities for graduating and is the most widely recognised certificate for work purposes.|
|Intermediate level exam for adults and young learners that shows students are able to use English language skills for work, study and travel. Some universities require this certificate from master's students.|
|Pre-intermediate level exam for adults and young learners that demonstrates a basic grasp of English grammar and communication skills. Has a similar format to the PET and FCE exams and, therefore, serves as a useful experience.|
Movers and Starters
|Rewarding exams aimed at encouraging children between 7 and 12. Designed for children to show what they know in English, provide them with a sense of progress and motivate them to learn more.|
Official Exams - Exam Dates Cambridge School 2015
|First||184€||28 July 2015 - oral
29 July 2015 - written
|Until 20 June|
|12 December 2015||Until 10 October|
|First for Schools||184€||5 December 2015||Until 10 October|
|Advanced||200€||23 July 2015
12 December 2015
|Until 20 June
Until 10 October
|Proficiency||205€||3 December 2015||Until 10 October|